I grew up between two mountains, a few kilometers from the nearest ski station. So I spent almost all winter from my youth on skis, and with a particular affection for snow and snow machines.
The snow groomer is one of my favorite machines ever, for this reason. Want a nice videos? Here.
Lego released the set 8263 long time ago, at a moment when Lego have not came back yet into my life. So I bought it years after it was initially released. And this set, except the cabin and front tool has nothing good. SO, time to improve it by myself.
The full album is available on FlickR.
What has been done ?
- Well. The cabin inspired from old Pistenbully is the best part of the initial set. So, didn’t touch it. Except to add PF-LED.
- The track have been enlarged and tires have been added to look like real machine.
- Rear tool has been completely modified. I like the yellow.
- A winch has been added, but essentially for cosmetic purpose.
- The two tracks are powered by the subtractor system inspired from Sariel’s work. 1 PF-XL for the main power and 1 PF-L for the Steering.
- The front tool is actuated by a PF-L through Linear actuator.
- The rear tool is actuated by a PF-M through Linear actuator.
- The battery box, PF-IR receptors and all the wires are hidden under the (manual) winch system